Monday, August 14, 2006

Daniel Hoyt Opinions Indeed

r



Contributed by Daniel Hoyt
Wednesday, 02 August 2006

We came, we prayed and sang hymns, and we talked. I wish I could say more than that but other than several hours of talking there isn't much more to say.

Note- he has had a religious revival and has nothing more to say about it? Gee, I wonder why the CP under the Hoyt's scare the hell out of most voters. IT gives the impression of Fundamentalism only.

In the aftermath of what is now knowingly called "Tampa" for short, the Constitution Party is about to unravel. In the past months I have written more about this issue - the disaffiliation of the IAP Nevada - than anything else and honestly, I'm tired of writing about it.

Note- It has not unraveled yet. Yes, Hoyt has written a lot and apparently, due to this long letter, he is NOT tired of writing yet.

While those of us who are in favor of revoking the affiliate status of the Nevada party may never receive full resolution on this issue, I believe we are close to a point in time when there will be closure in one form or another.

Note-Issue resolved by vote, per the Constitution of the Constitution Party in Tampa. Many bad mouthing the vote were NOT THERE, hence their vote not taken (this includes many on National Committee). The vote WAS the closure.

As I sit here exhausted, not questioning God but wondering why all of this is happening, and feeling overwhelmed at the enormity of the consequences, I am at peace. My brother-in-law once told me, at a time of great personal trial in his life, "I don't know the plan but I do know the Planner and I have nothing to worry about". I am at peace knowing that the battle which lay ahead of me is a righteous battle.

Note- Some good introspective views, but, what battle?? Hoyt posts this on the Liberty Party site, a site that has 'Party" in its name, but skirts the issue. Hoyt also writes on TAV site and has had, if memory serves me, activity with the American Heritage Party, a defined political Party. SO, what battle doeth he have since he has more or less decided.

What in the world am I talking about?

It is July 28, 2006 and I am in Okemos, Michigan. In the aftermath of the Tampa vote three key leaders on the pro-disaffiliation side, and me (I did not belong among this group of highly respected and well known men, but there I was), were standing outside the room where the vote had just taken place, questioning "what next"? They came up with a plan to meet in Michigan on July 28 and talk about it.

Note- and the results?

That was on April 21 so why wait this long? Michael Peroutka is scheduled to speak at the USTP of Michigan's State Convention on July 29, tomorrow as I type this. Cal Zastrow, current Michigan State party chairman and Pastor Mike Chastain, the chairman of the Maryland CP, along with Mr. Peroutka and myself (mind you, I just stood there silently, listening), tossed out the idea that Michael will already be in Michigan, those plans were set, so why not call for a meeting of like-minded people to discuss "what next".

Note-and the results again?

Well, three months have passed since then and we have had our little meeting. What happened? Not much, really. As I stated when I opened this message, we prayed, we sang praises to God, we prayed some more, and we talked. We formed no committees, we didn't take any votes, we just talked.

Note- not much happened, geesh, how bold for these self righteous ones. Hoyt and company had a revival and talked. So, a mixture of Billy Graham and Dr. Phil. Nothing done. Nothing decided. Period.

There were people from the east and the mid-west, and the west was represented by proxy. We knew there were people all over the nation who couldn't be here but wanted to be, and we knew they were praying with us. My friends, prayer has got to be the most powerful weapon we have in our many battles against our adversary. Christ himself modeled what a prayer life should be and, while I am light-years behind where I should be in my prayer life, I could feel the power of prayer even as we were praying.

Note- Prayer is extremely important, he is right. Amen, I agree here. But, Jesus did not pray ALONE. The Apostles after Pentecost did not pray ALONE. Not did the Founding Fathers, et, etc.

We prayed for repentance, but not in the manner you might think. Our prayers were for God Almighty to show us where WE were at fault - to reveal OUR sin that we might remove the log from OUR OWN EYES. As others prayed aloud and I sat praying quietly, listening to these Godly men cry out, agonizing over the many sins of our nation as well as each others private sins, I could feel God's Spirit tugging on my heart in a way I haven't felt before.


Note- asking first for personal repentance, then for ones group and ones nation, etc is the right thing to do. Again, they had a revival (not a bad thing in and of itself) but how does this achieve what the CP has been trying to do, win seats in elections and effect change from this arena. What to do, then, if the CP becomes a meeting of revival? How do Jews fit in? Mormons? Catholics? Protestants of disagreeing theologies? If this were a revival only, fine and good. But Hoyt states the meeting was to decide what to do about Nevada and the CP, as he notes above and below.

I felt as though His Spirit was trying to remove a cork in my heart. As though I had bottled up God in my own heart, "yes, you can live in me Father, but stay inside this bottle here and I'll let you know when I need you". I physically felt the cork I had put over that bottle being pushed out from the inside. I felt as though my heart was going to burst as we prayed and prayed and prayed.

Note- I cannot comment on any ones experiences with God and the results of said experiences. This "I feel" ism though has led to so many divisions, both in religion and society. Subjectivism is not healthy in trying to build a group up in the political arena, esp one as diverse as CP. Again, splitting into Parties based on a particular Faith is fine for those that wish to, but not to conducive to gain much in votes or elected to anything-isn’t that what Party's are established to do?. Even in Utah, I doubt the LDS could get a Party of their own, get fellow LDS members to exclusively support it and then actually gain political seats and offices. Try the rest of the fragmented nation as a whole.

Most church services today last about one hour, maybe an hour and fifteen minutes. We prayed for more than an hour and a half, just prayed. Then we sang praises to God, and we talked.

Note-again, admirable, but what does it achieve-with so many taking time, efforts and money to get there? What does it achieve in the CP politics?.

We didn't gripe or complain. We didn't point fingers or try to lay blame anywhere. We just talked. What next?

Note- don't gripe and complain? Maybe not at the CP revival, but posting on sites that attack CP and have very propagandic videos, with undeniable slants, sounds a lot like gripping to me. Definitely blame as the Anti-Disaffiliation side was made to look foolish and cropping/cutting done to make the "Pro" side look great, wise and the Godly side.

Well, I can tell you what it means for me and, as I stated earlier, I am at peace about the coming battle.

Note-again, what battle? Hoyt has not left the Party, presumably to continue to fight for what he believes, admirably, instead of griping, leaving CP (as did Peroutka, Lofton, etc) and continue to attack/grip. IF the leavers are at peace, it sure is hard to see.

Mr. Howard Phillips, sir… When I first met you, you asked me to think about what it would mean to wake up on January 21 to a nation where abortionists were put on trial for murder. Sir, you now stand in an ungodly allegiance with people who would allow one of God's children, a baby created in His image, to be put to death because of his or her father's sin. I cannot accept that from you.

Note- Hoyt, after revival, is apparently God's Prophet and decider of what is.and is not…Godly. Yes, abortion is unGodly, but voting against Disaffiliation is much more than this simplistic and deceitful position. I for one was hoping to see PROOF that Hansen's views were solidly supported by the Nevada party as a WHOLE. His election is not necessarily a proof, as those voting may not have known his views, as he did not chose to publish them (for whatever reason, whether to deceive as the "Pro" side has alleged or that he wished to hold these views as a private faith matter).

Mr. James Clymer, sir… You, unknowingly, have taught me a great deal for which I am extremely grateful. You modeled leadership at a time when I was just getting my feet wet in the CP. You have spoken openly and honestly with me about a great many things. Sir, you have now stated one thing and acted in opposition to your own words. You have acted to establish Rules and you are willfully acting outside the very Rules you helped to establish.

Note- as Mr. DePraire stated, to hell with the rules says the "Pro" side (see the Oregon meeting video). This includes any Constitution or other rules/regulations needed to carefully and in organized manner, conduct business, as opposed to mob rule (democracy of majority). Go on emotionalism and "I feelism" as opposed to facts and procedures established to keep anarchy (which is NOT Godly) at bay.

You were put in place, to act as a leader, for such a time as this and you have casually discarded your role as leader. Your failure to act two years ago, one year ago, three months ago… Your failure to do the right thing, when the right thing was (is) so blatantly obvious to anyone with eyes to see, leads me to a position where I must call for your immediate resignation as Chairman of the Constitution Party National Committee, along with the resignation of Howard Phillips from the National Executive Committee. I do so as a duly appointed delegate of the Constitution Party of Wisconsin to the Constitution Party's National Committee. Sir, your actions and inactions, your words and your deeds demand that you resign, effective immediately.

Note-whatever faults of Clymer, including the issue not decided at in Nashville or Ohio once and for all, does not mean Clymer has failed to lead, whether Hoyt and others not liking the direction per Nevada. Howard Phillips, who has born the responsibility for so many years in the Party, merely voted and spoke at Tampa. He is no longer the Chairman, nor a single decision maker for the CP. Neither Clymer nor Phillips has asked "Pro" leaders to step down from any leadership position.

Today in Michigan we talked. And now I must act. In the coming weeks and months I will be actively working to remove the current leadership - every one of the people who currently sit on the CP National Executive Committee. I cannot do this alone and if God calls you reading this to help please contact me.

Note- Hoyt at least is honest, up front and willing to work for change WITHIN the Party, not pick up the marbles, leave and complain later. We know, we know, you talked and had a revival in Michigan….again, good for the spirit, not much when it comes to action.

Mr. Clymer and Mr. Phillips, you may still repent and turn away from your actions of the recent past. But the consequences of those actions require that you resign your positions. That is the only way to keep the Constitution Party, as a national political party, in tact and on track for the 2008 election cycle.

Note-again, Mr. Hoyt comes off revival as a self-appointed Prophet and decider of sin and degradation. I have yet to see God giving him this, as the Prophets of OT, nor do I see any credential behind Mr. Hoyt's name. Nationally, in 2008, many will be looking for an alternative and one that SHOULD NOT sacrifice its views, but I can tell you from talking to these potential people, they do not want to walk into a revival and definitely not one run exclusively by fundamentalists. This attitude has kept out that would have supported and voted for the CP-most, if not all, standing with us on the platform, but turned off the by the pseudo-church attitude by many. Now, does Hoyt wish to have this pseudo church, scaring off supporters, or does he wish for those folks to come into CP. Again, I should add on abortion and many moral issues, these people DO support the CP. They are not front liners for the Big Tent. Many are simply turned off by the pseudo-church attitude. They want to attack the issues and deal wit them in the political arena, not sit around and talk, pray and sing hymns for 1.5 hrs. They want action, worship in their own way on their own time. Most do not oppose an opening prayer, nor a scriptural alliteration occasionally.

Your failure to act accordingly will result in the downfall of what is now the National Party.

Note-according to some, many may be now open to the CP as the disgruntled have left.
I do not put forth these statements with any malice or hate. In fact the opposite is true! I love you as Christian brothers and I'm calling you to the carpet for your actions. You must resign or you will not have a National Party to be Chairman over. You will not need an Executive Committee because there won't be any state affiliates left to form a National Committee.
Note- he has Love? Maybe, hate? Don’t know.but it is clear, resign and let us run things.or face destruction. You are "with them" or "against them" says Hoyt and Co. The last line is more Edgar Cayce or Nostradamus, reading tea leaves. Many state affiliates will stay with National, unless, of course, these "Pro" folks plan to derail other states. I am reminded of Barry Kroeker comments to me, wishing for the failure of some affiliates as we do not hold to his views in totum.


So far six states have acted to distance themselves as a result of poor leadership decisions. Four more have prepared Resolutions calling for the disaffiliation of the Nevada IAP or they will also leave. How many will it take? How long will you wait? Only you can save the Constitution Party now, and only by immediately tending your resignations.

Note-again, resign or face the guns! If they DO resign, than who takes over? Will we have more discussions w/o action and prayer meetings? Thanks, but no thanks. I am active in my church, I need not more when I try to affect change, bringing my faith with me, not left behind, into the public arena. As most of the states do not have to get 70,000+ CERTIFIED signatures just to "officially" exist, we have bigger issues and need much more help. Who are the 4? Why not tell us who these brave folks are? Are they trying to "hide something" as Hansen has been accused of? As Wisconsin was divided in Tampa, one wonders how THEIR vote will go. Hoyt may be left in the cold as is Kroeker in PA. Oregon was, until the bellicose DePraire died on the floor of the Oregon meeting (tends to have an effect on any meeting). And no, no one is mocking or making light of death and the sadness that follows this loss. Certainly not me, but I think it did tend to swing opinions a great deal.

May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who is Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and of these United States, have mercy on us all.

Note- I agree to all, but not Hoyt's pseudo-Prophet status guiding this statement.

For God and Country,
Daniel M. HoytA guy from Oshkosh(with a list)http://www.blogger.com/www.hoytopinions.com
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 02 August 2006 )

Note- well, in summary, Hoyt I am sure is a decent and honorable fellow, but offers little solution in this, other than calling on National leaders to step down or-possibly-face 4 more states leaving National. I do hope if they plan to bring up disaffiliation again in Fall, they have more proof against Nevada as a WHOLE. All that was heard in Tampa was "Hansen this, Hansen that" and swipes at Janine. I guess we just assume that holding an office is automatically a proof of the agreement of Hansen's views. NO taking into account Hansen may not have made his exceptions positions known publicly. Again, did he hide them out of some sinister motive? Or where they his personal views, not for public discussion outside the LDS church? Never did this stop the 2004 campaign from going to Nevada for money and votes. Maybe Peroutka's campaign staff did not do their research? Maybe they just decided to ignore it. Kinda like the poor research presented in Tampa, save a white hand out about 1 hr prior to the meeting and mostly, a rambling email litany, with a few letters to and from thrown in. No proof of NEVADA's exceptions, only Chris-and maybe Janine's alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home